SSRS report subscriptions disappear

We noticed a strange behavior today. We set subscriptions on a SQL Server 2008 R2 SSRS report and when we later tried to add new subscriptions to the report we noticed that the previously created subscriptions are missing from the list although sending regular updates. A few days later the missing subscriptions re-appeared magically. After some investigation it turned out that the subscriptions are stored in the SSRS using the SPUrlZone method which explicitly returns the URL of the report in the exact way it's accessed. This URL is than written into SSRS. The problem is with Alternate Access Mapping which enables you to access the same report using different URLs. When the subscriptions were missing we simply used a different URL and for that URL SSRS could not find any subscriptions. This issue is present in both SQL Server 2008 R2 and SQL Server 2012. I heard from Microsoft that they are working on a fix. Until it's released the only workaround is to use the same AAM every time.

About the author

Hi! I'm Marcell Mikolcsó, SharePoint and Enterprise Administrator, System Architect.

Month List

Page List